COH430 HP Strategies & Tactics
Lead Faculty: Dr. David Adesanya
Methodologies to implement health promotion programs emphasized. Levels of intervention, from individual to society, are shown. Criteria for selecting methodologies presented.
- Define concepts of health promotion: individual, collective, organizational, community and societal levels.
- Analyze health promotion methods applied to a given setting or health issue.
- Distinguish between levels of prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation aimed at improving health status.
- Identify major health challenges throughout the lifespan, integrating consideration of gender, socioeconomic status and race variables amenable to health promotion programs.
- Explain the range of health promotion services involving downstream, midstream, and upstream target populations.
- Assess the interactions and interdependence of biological, psychological, social, and systems factors affecting health promotion target populations and health issues.
- Differentiate among macro and micro methodologies useful for specific health promotion problems.