COH315 Introduction to Epidemiology
Presents concepts and processes of this core public health discipline. Occurrence, distribution, effects, and control of diseases and conditions examined from a broad perspective. Applications of epidemiological methods included.
- Discuss the historical development of epidemiology.
- Discuss concepts and applications of epidemiology.
- Use population measures of health and disease.
- Discuss study designs used in epidemiology.
- Use risk assessment and preventive strategies.
- Define an epidemic.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on epidemiology and health data.