COH250 Public Health IT
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Overview of specialized public health IT applications such as registries, epidemiological databases, biosurveillance, and situational awareness and emergency response; information exchange issues specific to public health.
- Describe the field of public health, including its origins and contemporary status.
- Distinguish between levels of prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation aimed at improving health status.
- List major health challenges throughout the lifespan.
- Describe how to evaluate, select and implement information technology in support of public health programs.
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations associated with the collection and management of public health information.
- Explain the range of community health services at local, state, and national levels according to sponsorship, mission, programs, financing, personnel, and regulation.
- Describe health disparities based on gender, socioeconomic status and race.