COH201 Integrative Health
Introduction to the emerging therapies and best supported scientific evidence in complementary and integrative healthcare. Covers systems and therapies including mind, body and spirit, traditional western healing, and ethnomedical systems from around the world. Includes legal and operational issues and explains how and why various therapies work in areas such as acupuncture, energy healing and mind-body therapies. Students will create a personal development plan for integrating learned principles towards lifelong practices for self-care and wellness.
- Compare and contrast the various modalities of complementary and integrative health through evidence based practices
- Create evidence based health and healing strategies for self and others
- Evaluate strategies for establishing methods of integrative care for cultural changes in society and healthcare organizations
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal and operational issues in integrative medicine
- Analyze how and why integrative health therapies work, particularly in areas such as acupuncture, energy healing, and mind-body therapies
- Create a personal lifelong learning strategy for maintaining and promoting health and wellness using integrative healthcare practices