COH100 Personal Health
Lead Faculty: Dr Alba Lucia Diaz
Course DescriptionDesigned to assist individuals to establish health behaviors for optimal physical, emotional, and sexual health and maintain a healthy environment.
- Identify risk behaviors that affect health.
- Discuss how the mind and body communicate and affect wellness.
- Identify strategies to reduce stress.
- Identify ways to manage a healthy weight including diet and exercise.
- Identify strategies to build healthy relationships.
- Identify how to protect against sexually transmitted disease and AIDS.
- Identify strategies to reduce or prevent disease.
- Understand how heredity affects the health of an individual.
- Explain drug use and abuse.
- Discuss how to make healthy decisions about health and health care.
- Identify alternative medicine and some of the strengths and weakness of each.
- Identify how to work toward a healthy environment to enhance health and well-being.