CJA449 Research Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr. James E. Guffey
Course DescriptionAn introduction to conducting research in criminal justice-related fields. Students learn how to identify current problems in criminal justice, develop a practical research question, formulate hypotheses, identify appropriate resources to answer the research question and describe an appropriate research method to answer the research question.
- Identify problem areas in the criminal justice system that could benefit from research.
- Select and evaluate researchable questions.
- Develop a problem statement addressed by the research question.
- Develop testable hypotheses related to the research question.
- Locate research relative to the research question.
- Develop an annotated bibliography related to the research question.
- Describe research methods used in criminal justice research.
- Design a research proposal.