BRO305 Media Storytelling
Lead Faculty: Mr. Scott Campbell
Basic theory, terminology, and practice essential to craft narrative formats in broadcast and digital media production. It covers conceptual, analytical and creative writing skills necessary to produce a script, and grasp contemporary narratives on multiple screens.
- Identify the elements of story structure in fiction and non-fiction media story formats.
- Apply screenwriting terminology in writing and critiquing scripts.
- Identify the visual and sound elements used in a media story.
- Create scripts in appropriate formats.
- Derive a shot list and storyboard from a script.
- Write and produce a brief public service announcement, non-fiction 'mini doc,' or fictional project for mobile media or the web as a final project.