BRO305 Media Storytelling
Lead Faculty: Dr. James Glenn Larson JD
Basic theory, terminology, and practice essential to craft narrative formats in broadcast and digital media production. It covers conceptual, analytical and creative writing skills necessary to produce a script, and grasp contemporary narratives on multiple screens.
- Identify the elements of story structure in fiction and non-fiction media story formats.
- Apply screenwriting terminology in writing and critiquing scripts.
- Identify the visual and sound elements used in a media story.
- Create scripts in appropriate formats.
- Derive a shot list and storyboard from a script.
- Write and produce a brief public service announcement, non-fiction "mini doc," or fictional project for mobile media or the web as a final project.