Writing Process Tips and Strategies
The Paradigm Online Writing Assistant offers help on all phases of the writing process. It includes descriptions of typical writing assignments, tips on getting started, and clear explanations of grammar and punctuation.
The Writing Studio at Colorado State University also presents several guides for the writing process.
Documentation Styles: APA
- The American Psychological Association’s Style Guide Blog
- NU Library’s APA Reference Guide
- Purdue OWL’s APA Style Guide
Documentation Styles: Chicago
- Chicago Manual of Style’s Official Website Guide
- Williams College’s Chicago Style Guide
- Purdue OWL’s Chicago Style Guide
Documentation Styles: MLA
- The Website of the Modern Language Association
- NU Library’s MLA Citation Resources
- Purdue OWL’s MLA Style Guide
English Language Learner Resources
The Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) offers many useful resources to help English Language Learners approach North American academic writing projects.
Evaluating Internet Sources
Many writing centers and libraries offer concrete guidelines that are useful to both teachers and students for evaluating Internet sources.
- George Mason University
- UC Berkeley
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Virginia Tech
- Seth Goldin, Really Bad PowerPoint and How to Avoid It
- Dennis Kennedy, Ten Tips to Improve Your Presentations with PowerPoint
- Virginia Montecino, Creating an Effective PowerPoint Presentation
- Mike Splane, Power Point Presentation Advice