PerkSpot Tuition Voucher
National University (“NU”) is proud to offer the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher. This $500 voucher will be granted to eligible students employed by PerkSpot clients that begin an eligible program between December 2022 and October 2023.
NU reserves the right to modify, revise, or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, as necessary. Although NU may attempt to notify prospective and current applicants when such changes are made to these Terms and Conditions, applicants should periodically review the most up-to-date version found at www.nu.edu/perkspot. NU may, in its sole discretion, change or discontinue this scholarship opportunity at any time. Applicants’ submissions serve as acknowledgment and acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including any subsequent modifications, as stated. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- To be considered eligible for the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be employed with a PerkSpot client employer.
- Have not previously attended NU.
- Not be pursuing a pre-licensure nursing degree, a NU Workforce Education Solutions (WES) Training and Development courses, or a doctoral program.
- Begin the first course December 2022 through October 2023.
- Not be receiving a separate WES scholarship or voucher.
- Meet all admissions requirements of National University.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) in advance of submitting their application.
- Once enrolled, a scholarship recipient must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of
100% or more tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, preferred tuition rate, other scholarships and/or private scholarships, except for Veterans Administration GI benefits (excluding Chapter 33), Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding (“Financial Eligibility”). NU will verify applicants’ Financial Eligibility before confirming final awards.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a completed application along with all the supporting documentation. NU and the scholarship committee accept no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
- The scholarship award will be based on the selection committee’s review of submitted verification form and supporting documents in the first instance, followed by confirmation of the selected applicant’s Financial Eligibility.
- Voucher selection shall not be made regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional Scholarship Details and Releases
- Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by NU in its sole discretion. NU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher, including, but not limited to, the eligibility criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the award.
- By applying to the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher, an applicant agrees:
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, representatives, assigns, licensees, designees, and all persons acting under NU’s permission or authority (collectively, “NU Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, including without limitation court costs, attorneys’ fees, and any expenses and damages that may be incurred from (i) their application materials, which includes but is not limited to infringement upon or other violations of the copyright, trademark, privacy, reputational, publicity, or proprietary rights of any third party, defamation, rights of publicity or invasion of privacy, or (ii) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher award, participation in the application process and/or representations made by the applicant or recipient.
- To grant NU a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use, display, print, publish, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, create derivative works from, promote and provide access to your name, application materials, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, statements and/or biographical information for publicity, promotional, and educational purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- To waive all moral rights in the application materials.
- To waive all claims to any compensation by the NU Parties.
- NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this scholarship, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Terms and Conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any PerkSpot Tuition Voucher. NU may correct any such errors at its sole discretion.
- NU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher is at an applicant’s sole risk and NU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher.
- NU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Should NU, in its sole discretion, determine that the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher submission, selection, or any other process has been compromised by virus, bugs, tampering, disruptions, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, NU reserves the right to void suspect entries, disqualify applicants suspected to be involved, and/or terminate such selection or other process and choose the awardees in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to such termination. All decisions of NU are final.
- Regardless of any action taken by NU pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, nothing shall prohibit NU from seeking any other lawful remedies to which NU may be entitled in the event any representations or releases made by the Scholarship applicant or recipient are false.
- Award Use
- Scholarships that are awarded to the recipients may only be credited to their accounts and used to assist with the payment of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
- No student will receive more than one PerkSpot Tuition Voucher.
- No student will receive the PerkSpot Tuition Voucher in addition to another WES scholarship, discount or voucher offer.
- Any scholarship funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that may be applicable to their degree program, room and board, or outside materials (computers, internet service etc.).
- For applicants using Federal Financial Aid (FFA), the applicant understands that a scholarship award is financial assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a financial review of all scholarship winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective recipients.
- Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NU degree plan will only reduce the necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NU and will not result in any additional unused scholarship funds.
- Courses taken under the Scholarship may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.