Combined Law Enforcement
Associations of Texas
National University Proudly Partners with CLEAT
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas – CLEAT, supporting public safety professionals like you, who protect and serve our communities every day. Through our Public Safety Promise, we’re committed to providing affordable, accessible higher education designed to help you advance your career and reach your goals.
National University prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards for several public safety agencies, including Basic Peace Officer Course (BPOC), U.S. Marshals, and Fire Department.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work that you do, National University is offering a 25% Tuition Scholarship for over 75 flexible degree programs*. Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree or certification. Our programs support public safety personnel at all levels and roles with programs related to:
- BS Criminal Justice
- BS Public Administration
- BS Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BS Cybersecurity
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Forensic Sciences
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
All members of CLEAT, (sworn and non-sworn), spouses and dependents also receive a 25% Tuition Scholarship.
To apply for your partnership benefits, fill out this form and send it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Special Message to our Law Enforcement Community
Please view this video to learn more about the Public Safety Promise from Chief Shelley Zimmerman (Retired), San Diego Police Department.
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University also gives credit for prior career training programs, including:
Texas Basic Peace Officer Course (BPOC) Credits:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 13.5 Course Credits
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 18 Course Credits
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an Account Specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options!
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 180,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
*Nursing and Radiation Therapy and Doctoral Programs excluded