If you’re a passionate educator looking for growth and advancement, pursue a Master of Arts in Education from National University. This program expands knowledge and opportunities. Candidates will learn about historical, philosophical, psychological, and social foundations of education. It will also analyze issues of educational equity and diversity, develop understanding of students with learning differences, examine the foundations of curriculum, assessment, and instruction, and use educational research to deepen critical-thinking skills.
Areas of emphasis may include advanced teaching practices, early childhood education, technology, higher education administration, special education, or inspired teaching.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze diversity issues in education to support equity in educational contexts and learning practices.
- Integrate foundational theory and skills to make subject matter comprehensible to all learners.
- Analyze the application of educational research, evidence-based practices, and academic writing.
- Integrate advanced approaches to instruction, assessment, and learning using digital tools and skills.
- Design learning experiences that include learner characteristics, principles of customized learning, and assessment as learning.
- Develop reflective practices that are grounded in current learning science research, professional ethics, and include pathways to continuous growth.
- Apply practitioner research methods to study and inform instruction in traditional and digital learning environments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.