Master of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Multiple and Single Subject Teaching Credential and Intern Option (CA)
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to make subject matter engaging and comprehensible for K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs. The Master of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential and Intern Option (CA) is designed for candidates who are dedicated to inspiring K-12 learners by emphasizing social-emotional thriving, meaningful academic achievement, and equitable and inclusive learning communities. The program and courses meet the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) requirements for a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subjects teaching credential and meet requirements for a master’s degree. Candidates in this degree program are required to complete a three-course area of specialization in the English Language Learner Education.
Please note: Students need to satisfy/pass the Basic Skills Requirement (e.g., CBEST) and Subject Matter Competency Requirement (e.g., CSET) early (prior to Credential Area Methods coursework) into their programs to avoid interruptions to program progress and/or financial aid arrangements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate the knowledge needed for creating and maintaining effective learning environments for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for making subject matter comprehensible for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for designing/planning learning experiences for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for assessing all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for being a legal, ethical, and professional educator for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Reflect critically about professional beliefs and practices in the application of teaching and learning principles needed to inspire K-12 learners as well as being an inspired teacher.
Master of Education with SEL Emphasis
The SEL emphasis option within the Master of Education program provides a foundation of social and emotional learning theories and evidence-based practices to support the development of social and emotional learning skills within classrooms. The Master of Education with SEL emphasis is designed to:
- Evaluate social emotional learning theories and evidence-based practices
- Self-reflect about own knowledge and skills
- Create an action research proposal in the area of SEL
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.