The Master of Science in Applied Behavioral program prepares you to sit for the board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) exam and pursue a career as a behavior analyst. The curriculum includes a six course sequence verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and four additional courses that are aligned to research and the work of an applied behavioral analyst.
Behavior analysts provide services to individuals, families, group homes, schools, mental health agencies, hospitals, industrial and business settings, and other agencies working with individuals who require intensive behavioral training and/or consultation. This program is designed to prepare you for acceptable behavior management techniques and strategies to be used in a wide range of settings. You’ll be required to develop, implement, analyze, and evaluate, behaviorally accepted methods for positive behavior change across various environments.
Information about becoming certified through the BACB can be found at www.bacb.com.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate knowledge and skill in the identification of the function of the behavior and the development of an intervention addressing the function of the behavior.
- Integrate data-based decisions using behavioral analytic approaches to increase and decrease target behaviors.
- Examine special education law and its relevance with behavioral assessments and interventions.
- Engage in behavioral consultation in the school setting.
- Collaborate with school personnel to develop a Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Investigate the concept of school culture and its impact on all stakeholders, internal and external.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education