The Ed.D. in Organizational Innovation program is focused on preparing visionary and leading-edge change agents, complex problem-solvers, and effective leaders of various types of educational enterprises including education, government, business, healthcare, military and nonprofit agencies to innovate and provide new solutions in a time of rapid changes in our society.
The program prepares adaptable professionals who are able to innovate, generate creative solutions, and facilitate positive change and organizational transformation in their professional capacity. Learners are provided expanded viewpoints relative to problem identification and applied resolution strategies in education/organizational ecosystems that can be volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous. The program evolves leaders who are adaptable and demonstrate the ability to disrupt the status quo with creative and useful innovations that lead to change and transformation that is viewed as impactful and is valued.
September 15, 2020 is the deadline for applications for the January 2021 cohort.
February 15, 2021 is the deadline for applications for the September 2021 cohort.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate internal and external factors that influence consideration of innovation adoption in educational enterprises.
- Examine human and organizational dynamics that influence implementation of innovation in educational enterprises.
- Conduct analyses of relevant innovation and organizational theories influencing contemporary educational enterprises.
- Engage contemporary systems of data analysis that inform decisions pertaining to change in educational enterprises.
- Examine contemporary methodologies to incorporate human and organizational dynamics into the evaluation of innovation initiatives.
- Generate alternative solutions in determining whether to adopt an innovation into an educational enterprise.
- Ed.D. Program Information Session Dates
- Program Specific Information
- Ed.D. in Organizational Innovation FAQs
- Program Lifecycle
Meet Our Faculty
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Education is something no one can take away from you. Having an education sets you up to succeed in the field you choose to pursue.”Sanford College of Education