The Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis program prepares you to sit for the board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) exam and pursue a career as a behavior analyst. The curriculum includes a 10-course sequence of which 8 courses are verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Behavior analysts provide services to individuals, families, group homes, schools, mental health agencies, hospitals, industrial and business settings, and other agencies working with individuals who require intensive behavioral training and/or consultation. This program is designed to prepare you for acceptable behavior management techniques and strategies to be used in a wide range of settings. You’ll be required to develop, implement, analyze, and evaluate, behaviorally accepted methods for positive behavior change across various environments.
The Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis program, which meets the BACB Fifth Edition Task List requirements, prepares you to sit for the board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) exam and pursue a career as a behavior analyst.
Information about becoming certified through the BACB can be found at www.bacb.com.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain Radical Behaviorism’s foundational concepts and principles from a behavior analytic approach.
- Analyze measurement, data display and interpretation in experimental design format.
- Integrate the Code of Ethics during the behavior change process and assessment procedures.
- Integrate behavior management and performance monitoring during the behavior change process and assessment procedures.
- The application of Applied Behavior Analysis in research and daily life.
- Conduct research using relevant design, statistical, measurements, data analysis and program evaluation methods to improve student outcomes.
- Understand special education law and how it applies to behavioral assessments and interventions.
- Develop skills in behavioral consultation in the school setting.
- Understand school culture and how it impacts stakeholders, both internal and external.
(10 courses; 45 quarter units)
- ABA 620 Philosophical Underpinning ABA
- ABA 622 Concepts and Principles of ABA
- Prerequisite: ABA 620
- ABA 624 Measurement and Design
- Prerequisite: ABA 622
- ABA 626 Functional Behavior Assessment
- Prerequisite: ABA 624
- ABA 628 Behavioral Change Procedures
- Prerequisite: ABA 626
- ABA 630 Developing ABA Interventions
- Prerequisite: ABA 628
- ABA 632 BACB Ethics Compliance Code
- Prerequisite: ABA 630
- ABA 634 Supervision and Management
- Prerequisite: ABA 632
- ABA 636 Application of ABA Skills
- Prerequisite: ABA 634
- ABA 670 ABA Capstone Project
- Prerequisite: ABA 636
To receive a Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis, students must complete at least 45 quarter units of graduate work. A total of 4.5 quarter units of graduate credit may be granted for equivalent graduate work completed at another institution, as it applies to this degree and if the units were not used in earning another advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution and provided the coursework was completed within the past 7 years. Course equivalence cannot be granted for life experience. Please refer to the graduate information section of the university catalog for admission and evaluation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.