Prepare to assist and support school-aged children with academic, behavioral, social, and emotional difficulties by earning a Master of Science in School Psychology with PPSP Credential. Throughout the master’s in school psychology program, you’ll learn traditional and non-traditional methods of assessment and how to best utilize results and other information to determine appropriate intervention options. You’ll also learn to collaborate with school staff, parents, and agencies to support student success.
The school psychology program provides onsite and online learning opportunities with onsite experiential, hands-on training. The master’s degree is awarded upon the completion of all coursework, including practicum and internship, and the successful completion of the PRAXIS exam. Upon the successful completion of coursework and fieldwork, candidates will obtain a recommendation for a Pupil Personnel School Psychology credential (PPSP). This credential allows candidates in California to practice as a school psychologist.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze consultative/collaborative relationships with school staff, parents, and community agencies in support of student success.
- Evaluate various methods of assessment in order to make data-based decisions.
- Analyze how systemic school approaches can affect student outcomes.
- Examine societal influences on academic and social behavior.
- Appraise principles related to prevention in the context of their ability to improve services provided to students.
- Examine strategies related to family systems that support student success.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.