The program is designed to strengthen scholarly skills in a discipline-oriented context (terminology, concepts, themes, topics), increase confidence in subject-specific areas (the student’s selected field of study), expand discipline-specific skills (conceptualization, critical analysis, case studies), and provide discipline-based research opportunities. The student’s field of study may be in health, business, accounting, engineering, computer science, communication, education, economics, finance, environmental science, hospitality, public relations, or other related fields.
For individual students:
- For graduate students who plan to continue their studies at National University
- For individual students to qualify for enrollment in this program, students must have met the National University English language proficiency requirements, or have graduated from the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
- Indicate your field of study at the graduate level
- Four-week term offered every month
- 3-day program = $500 per term (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday classes)
- ESP: English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teaching Strategies (for certified teachers only)
- ESP: Business English (see below)
Individuals or cohorts, please contact ISA@nu.edu for more details.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
“The Language Institute programs are designed to help students build their proficiency in English, so they can increase their personal and professional opportunities.”Language Institute