Delve deeper into your own consciousness and gain the knowledge to help transform self and world with a Master of Arts in Consciousness and Transformative Studies.
Drawing from psychology, philosophy, religion, and the new sciences, consciousness studies bridges the divide between science and spirituality to empower transformative leaders. Leading students on a journey of self-discovery, the MA in Consciousness and Transformative Studies program links personal transformation to professional development in service of the greater good. The program is designed not only to galvanize wisdom, courage, love, joy, and vitality, but also to enrich one’s sense of meaning, passion, and purpose.
The mission of the Consciousness and Transformative Studies Program is consciousness in action — to explore and expand consciousness and human potential, and to foster conscious leadership in service of personal, organizational, cultural, and ecological change.
The courses in this program are fully online.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain and apply a developmental view of consciousness and human evolution to oneself, others, and systems
- Demonstrate intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligence and accountability using psychological and spiritual principles and practices
- Explain and apply systems theory principles at the individual, community, organizational, and planetary levels
- Apply communication skills, diversity leadership skills, and professional development skills in service of consciousness growth and systems change
- Apply critical thinking, inquiry, and participatory research skills in service of consciousness growth and systems change
Coach Training Program
The optional Coach Training Program is aligned with NU’s intention to provide an education that empowers you to make a difference in your life, your family’s lives, and your community. The Coach Training Program is embedded within the Consciousness & Transformative Studies MA degree, and is designed to provide a professional pathway into the coaching field that is complementary to the MA degree.
This program supports discovery of what is needed to develop an effective and trusted coaching relationship to create meaningful and sustainable change. Students will learn how to coach from an integral perspective that engages the complexity and potential of the whole person — mind, body, heart, and spirit. The focus of this program is on understanding the coaching process and developing fundamental coaching skills in accordance with the ICF Core Competencies. Learn more about the Coach Training Program here.