Learn law enforcement leadership for the 21st century by earning National University’s Master of Criminal Justice degree in as soon as 12 months. This engaging program integrates theory with practice to prepare you for today’s complex criminal justice issues. You’ll develop problem-solving and research skills as well as the technological expertise necessary to analyze cases and develop practical and effective solutions. Graduates of the master’s in criminal justice administration program are prepared for challenging and demanding careers in local, state, and federal law enforcement management, correctional administration, security administration, criminal justice research, and teaching or training assignments.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the managerial practices that have shaped the criminal justice professions.
- Analyze court decisions involving police or criminal justice agencies in terms of criminal sanctions.
- Analyze issues of police morale, motivation, retention, selection and recruitment.
- Evaluate and determine what should be the consequences of unethical conduct by police officers.
- Evaluate and compare the American criminal justice system with other criminal justice systems.
- Evaluate disciplinary, theoretical, criminological, and philosophical foundations in the management of criminal justice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.