Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution certificate students who wish to pursue a baccalaureate degree or a second baccalaureate degree can apply some or all the academic credits awarded in the online undergraduate certificate program toward that degree, assuming they meet the GPA and other ADR course requirements of that degree program.
Employment and volunteer opportunities exist for mediators in both the private and government sectors such as:
- Ombuds person for a corporation or university
- Education, teaching and training
- Human Resources Departments
- U.S. Military
- State Mediation and Conciliation Service (SMCS)
- State of California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- San Diego City Attorneys Office
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Mediation and Arbitration Private Practice
- Small Claims Courts
- Nonprofit Organizations and Community Mediation Programs
- Restorative Justice Program
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.