The Master of Science in Cybersecurity is a professional degree for those who endeavor through technical and managerial measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, control, availability, and utility of the world’s computing and information systems infrastructure. The online cyber security degree program has a required core and a required specialization, which can be selected from some alternatives. The core is designed to provide a means of supporting the variety of backgrounds (both education and work experience) that those who wish to study this area may bring to the program. The core is also a statement of the knowledge domain that is common to most efforts in this area. The specializations provide for study in particular domains of knowledge within the field – which are also tied to communities of effort within the field.
Program Admission Requirements
All students who seek to enroll in the MS-CSIA program must interview with the Faculty Advisor noted above prior to enrolling in the first course of the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Devise a mitigation plan against both external and internal vulnerabilities to enterprise computer infrastructures and sensitive digital assets.
- Analyze and evaluate multiple risk assessment methods and strategies.
- Compare and contrast the legal and ethical aspects of cybersecurity at the Federal, State, and International level.
- Assess and summarize the legal and ethical requirements of a cyber security professional.
- Integrate project management skills to produce a cybersecurity solution.
- Evaluate the results of a security assessment to assess the security status of a network or computer system.
- Conduct in-depth research into a specific CSIA topic, including finding and integrating relevant research results of others.
- Integrate systems-level-infrastructure thinking into CSIA problem identification and resolution, and effectively communicate the solution.
Meet Our Faculty
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.