Request for Information
National University is Proud to Partner with RSA
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association. Our goal is to provide an affordable, accessible education to public safety professionals, like you, who protect and serve our communities every day. This is available for current, retired, sworn, and professional staff, including your spouse and dependents. You are automatically qualified to take advantage of these great benefits.
Public Safety Promise
To show our appreciation for what you do, NU is offering you, your spouse, and your dependents a 25% tuition scholarship through the Public Safety Promise. This scholarship can be applied to over 190+ flexible degree programs.* Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree.
To apply for your Tuition Reduction Scholarship, fill out this form and email it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an account specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options.
Further Reduce Cost and Time to Graduation with Credit for Prior Training
National University also gives credit for many prior career training programs. These include POST Police Academy, California Probation, and many more. This may reduce the number of classes required to achieve your degree. Here are some examples:
California POST Police Academy Training Course Credits:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 31.5 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 22.5 Course Credits
- BS Public Administration: 22.5 Course Credits
Adult Corrections Officer Course (BSCC):
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 13.5 Course Credits
Integrating Person-Centered Care Principles into Academia
National University’s Department of Health and Human Services achieved Planetree Silver Recognition for Significant Advancement in Person-Centered Care in October 2017. National University is proud to be the first and only academic institution in the world to achieve a Planetree International recognition.
To attain this honor, National University integrated person-centered principles into the curriculum of each of its health care programs of study. In preparing the next generation of health care leaders, National University transformed the academic culture of its health science programs into a student-centric model, using person-centeredness as the conceptual framework to support all learning activities. Integrating these principles means students are able to gain knowledge and application of the principles throughout your coursework, preparing them to support a culture of person-centered care.
As a student, you will learn to:
- Effectively interact with diverse populations
- Function in inter-professional settings as team members including faculty, staff, students, patients, and community members
- Collaborate to effect change
- Serve on committees, build professional leadership skills, and the importance of letting your voice be heard
- Make the connection between environment and the way it makes people feel
- Be supportive and engaging of patients and colleagues
- Recognize and address personal barriers to successful professional development and adoption of healthy behaviors
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 190+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
- Planetree Certified building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs.
About National University
National University is a San Diego-based nonprofit school founded in 1971 by retired U.S. Navy Capt. David Chigos. As the largest private nonprofit university in San Diego, our mission is to provide accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education to adult learners. A pioneer in the digital space, we’ve offered online classes for more than 20 years. Today, we offer over 190+ on-site and online programs through our unique four-week class format. Our undergraduate and graduate programs include health care, business, education, engineering, law and criminal justice, and homeland security. Classes are available in a variety of formats to fit your unique schedule.
For More Information
Please fill out the request for information form, email [email protected], or call 855.773.1509 to be connected with an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
Pre-licensure nursing programs, radiation therapy, and doctoral programs are not eligible for the Tuition Reduction Scholarship. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.
National University, a California-based institution, makes efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and obtain required approvals. Given that these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.