Miracosta Community College
Request for Information
Earn Your RN to BSN at National University
National University has partnered with Miracosta College to make the transfer process smooth and seamless. Through this partnership, students currently working toward their Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) at Miracosta College can also enroll in National University’s RN to BSN degree program, and begin taking classes online simultaneously. Through our dual enrollment agreement, take advantage of a 25% tuition reduction scholarship, saving you both time and tuition – a win, win!
To apply for your Tuition Reduction Scholarship, fill out this form and email it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
About the RN to BSN Program
The RN to BSN program offers four- and eight-week courses 100% online. You’ll gain a foundation for professional nursing practice at the baccalaureate level to expand your clinical knowledge and further develop your critical-thinking, communication, and therapeutic skills.
Learn more about the RN to BSN completion program.
RN to BSN Career Opportunities
A bachelor’s degree in nursing can give you a competitive edge in the job market, and open the door to new opportunities and even a higher salary. The RN to BSN program at National University will help you build on the experiences you’ve had as a registered nurse, advancing your knowledge and skills. As a busy professional, the idea of going back to school may seem challenging. However, National University offers the RN to BSN program completely online, so you can study when and where it works for your schedule.
Learn more about career benefits of an RN to BSN.
National University offers a wide range of student services to help students from admission to the program all the way through to graduation. Although the program is online, you are never really alone in your studies – you have access to the help desk, math center, writing center, concierge services, the veteran center, and so much more.
Learn more about the RN to BSN completion program.
If you’re interested in pursuing your RN to BSN degree at National University, here is some more information on the admissions process, including requirements, transferring credits, and more.
Please fill out the form to be contacted by an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process. Or if you have questions, reach out to the contact below and we’ll be happy to help.
Integrating Person-Centered Care Principles into Academia
National University’s Department of Health and Human Services achieved Planetree Silver Recognition for Significant Advancement in Person-Centered Care in October 2017. National University is proud to be the first and only academic institution in the world to achieve a Planetree International recognition.
To attain this honor, National University integrated person-centered principles into the curriculum of each of its health care programs of study. In preparing the next generation of health care leaders, National University transformed the academic culture of its health science programs into a student-centric model, using person-centeredness as the conceptual framework to support all learning activities. Integrating these principles means students are able to gain knowledge and application of the principles throughout your coursework, preparing them to support a culture of person-centered care.
As a student, you will learn to:
- Effectively interact with diverse populations
- Function in inter-professional settings as team members including faculty, staff, students, patients, and community members
- Collaborate to effect change
- Serve on committees, build professional leadership skills, and the importance of letting your voice be heard
- Make the connection between environment and the way it makes people feel
- Be supportive and engaging of patients and colleagues
- Recognize and address personal barriers to successful professional development and adoption of healthy behaviors
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
- Planetree Certified building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs.
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 185,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
For More Information
Please fill out the request for information form, email [email protected] , or call (855) 773-1509 to be connected with an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, educational counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
*Pre-licensure nursing programs, radiation therapy, and doctoral programs are not eligible for the Tuition Reduction Scholarship. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.
National University, a California-based institution, makes continual efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and to obtain required approvals. Since these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.