Los Angeles Police Protective
Request for Information
25% Tuition Scholarship for LAPPL Members
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Los Angeles Police Protective League (LAPPL), supporting public safety professionals like you who protect and serve our communities every day. Through our Public Safety Promise, we’re committed to providing affordable, accessible higher education designed to help you advance your career and reach your goals.
NU prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards for several public safety agencies, including Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), U.S. Marshals, and Fire Department.
National University is proud to provide educational partnership opportunities to organizations across the country.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work you do, National University is offering a 25% tuition scholarship for over 190+ flexible degree programs*. Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree. Plus, your spouses and dependents save 25% on tuition as well.
A Special Message to Our Law Enforcement Community
Please view this video from Chief Shelley Zimmerman (retired), San Diego Police Department, to learn more about our Public Safety Promise.
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University also gives credit for many prior career training programs, including POST Police Academy training and Command College, California Probation and Adult Detentions training, Customs and Border Protection FLETC training, U.S. Marshals Service FLETC training, Fire Fighter 1 and 2, and more, getting you even closer to achieving your goals.
California Basic POST Police Academy Training Course Credits
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 31.5 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 22.5 Course Credits
- BS Public Administration: 22.5 Course Credits
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 6 quarter units
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator Course Credits
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 18 Course Credits
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an account specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options.
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 190+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 190+ online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 230,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
For More Information
Please fill out the form to the right to be contacted by an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
National University, a California-based institution, makes continual efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and to obtain required approvals. Since these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.
*Nursing, radiation therapy, and doctoral programs excluded