City of Ontario
Request for Information
15% Tuition Reduction Scholarship for City of Ontario Employees
National University is proud to partner with the City of Ontario to offer all employees a 15% Tuition Reduction Scholarship and a waiver of the application fee toward earning an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree*. The City of Ontario Tuition Reduction Scholarship is a great benefit for working adults who want to reach specific educational goals but find it challenging to fit classes into their busy life.
Be sure to mention your scholarship code to your advisor, CONTA.
To utilize this scholarship, you will need to provide the following to your enrollment advisor:
- Completed NU Verification Form
- One of the verification items as indicated on your NU Verification Form
To apply for your Tuition Reduction Scholarship, fill out this form and email it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Integrating Person-Centered Care Principles into Academia
National University’s Department of Health and Human Services achieved Planetree Silver Recognition for Significant Advancement in Person-Centered Care in October 2017. National University is proud to be the first and only academic institution in the world to achieve a Planetree International recognition.
To attain this honor, National University integrated person-centered principles into the curriculum of each of its health care programs of study. In preparing the next generation of health care leaders, National University transformed the academic culture of its health science programs into a student-centric model, using person-centeredness as the conceptual framework to support all learning activities. Integrating these principles means students are able to gain knowledge and application of the principles throughout your coursework, preparing them to support a culture of person-centered care.
As a student, you will learn to:
- Effectively interact with diverse populations
- Function in inter-professional settings as team members including faculty, staff, students, patients, and community members
- Collaborate to effect change
- Serve on committees, build professional leadership skills, and the importance of letting your voice be heard
- Make the connection between environment and the way it makes people feel
- Be supportive and engaging of patients and colleagues
- Recognize and address personal barriers to successful professional development and adoption of healthy behaviors
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 190+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
- Planetree Certified building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs.
About National University
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 190+ online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 230,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
For More Information
Please fill out the form to the right to be contacted by an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
National University, a California-based institution, makes continual efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and to obtain required approvals. Since these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.
*Pre-licensure nursing programs, radiation therapy programs, and all doctoral programs are not eligible for this scholarship. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.