How to Apply
National University accepts applications for admission throughout the year. The approval process usually takes 4-6 weeks. With new classes beginning every month, you can start your program as soon as your application is approved! In reviewing your application for admission, we consider your previous academic record and educational objectives. National University admits students without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national, or ethnic origin.
Once you submit your online application, you will be issued an Application Identification Number (Application ID#). You will also be matched with an International Admissions Coordinator who will help you through the rest of the admissions process.
Once your application has been received, your International Admissions Coordinator will populate your application with a list required documents to complete your admission to the University. Once this has been completed you will be required to login to the Application Portal and upload the documents listed as required.
The following basic documents will be required from all applicants:
- For Bachelor’s applicants:
- Official high school transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official high school diploma/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official post-secondary transcripts and diplomas if post-secondary schooling was pursued by applicant (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- For Master’s applicants:
- All Official college/university transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official college/university diploma(s)/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- For students not pursuing an academic program, for example students applying to National University’s English Language Programs only, no academic records need to be submitted.
Passport: A copy of your passport information and expiration date. Note: Passports should be valid for up to 6 months into the future of your anticipated start term at National University.
Proof of English Proficiency
- For Bachelor’s applicants:
- TOEFL 70 iBT
- IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5)
- PTEA 50
- iTEP 3.5
- TOEFL 79 iBT
- IELTS 6.0 (no band lower than 5)
- PTEA 58
- iTEP 3.9
Proof of Financial Support
One of the following options must be submitted:
- Foreign bank: Official bank letter in English with balance of at least $33,500 USD on bank letterhead with seal, date, and type of account.
- U.S. bank: Two consecutive monthly statements from a U.S. bank with a minimum ending balance of $3,722 USD.
- Section C of the Affidavit of Support for International Applicants should be completed and stamped/signed by your sponsor’s bank.
Please note: The documents listed are required just for the initial review of your application; more documentation may be required, depending on your individual circumstances—for example, if you are already in living the U.S. and attending another school as an F-1 visa student. Your International Admissions Coordinator will communicate any additional items that may be needed.
For any questions, please contact our office:
Office of International Admissions
9388 Lightwave Avenue, 185A
San Diego, CA 92123-7960
Phone: (858) 541-7747
Fax: (858) 541-7791