This course is an exploration of how to communicate with citizens in a positive and helpful fashion. Discusses how to interact with community groups and the press and how to promote public understanding of, and support for, government activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Describe political response and communications structures in public sector agencies.
2. Explain and analyze the concept of community relations within the context of public agencies.
3. Describe the role of public sector agencies in a changing society.
4. Evaluate the influence of community groups and issue networks as representative of a democratic society of citizens.
5. Evaluate public opinion polls and political data relevant to local, state, and national community issues and concerns.
6. Describe grassroots public input into the decision-making system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.