Communication and Conflict
This course will explore workplace, interpersonal and team conflict dynamics and methods for effective communication in such conflict situations. Participants will learn communication skills for resolving such conflicts for themselves, between others and within a team or group, and strategies for preventing or defusing rising conflict. Additionally, participants will learn how to integrate conflict resolution into various organizational cultures.
- Recognize conflict versus miscommunication and understand the costs of conflict.
- Recognize how to communicate in a non-judgmental and neutral way.
- Describe and understand productive communication techniques.
- Know how to communicate with others when conflict arises.
- Identify and explain how to communicate when there are conflicts between others.
- Identify and understand how to apply effective communication techniques when conflicts arise within a team or group.
- Know how to employ communication strategies to defuse conflict or prevent conflict.
- Recognize that the obvious cause of interpersonal conflict is usually not the only cause, and that there can be several other causes or factors involved.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.