Introduction to Advertising
A survey of effective advertising techniques in multiple media (virtual, visual, radio, television) and advertising campaign allocation methods.
- Discuss the impact of the Internet advertisement.
- Design an advertising message that gets the attention of the prospective buyer in a segmented population.
- Select the best media vehicle to market a product or service.
- Discuss current legal and ethical standards related to the practice in advertising.
- Relate the influence of cultural diversity on advertising in a global environment.
- Design a successful advertising campaign consistent with the goals of an organization.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.