Intro to Public Relations
An exploration of the various methods for dealing with three of the most critical audiences for business information: investors, government agencies and the public.
- Define and differentiate between public relations, publicity, and advertising.
- Define and differentiate between the public image of an organization and the image of its product(s) and service(s).
- Determine objectives and prepare a budget for a public relations campaign.
- Develop and present a detailed public relations plan for a particular segment of the population.
- Write press releases and public interest articles for client organizations or individuals for submission to the media.
- Research and analyze crisis situations and make PR recommendations for dealing with crisis communications.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal issues of public relations and spin.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.