Principles of Consumer Behavio
A study of the dynamics of human behavior and how it relates to the purchase decision, the course provides an in-depth view of the many factors that influence the consumer’s decision-making process including personality, social groups, culture, values structure, perception, and learning. Course material is related to market strategy development through lecture, case, and field study.
- Evaluate Internet is changing the ways buyers search for product information.
- Analyze psychological, cultural, temporal and economic variables as they relate to specific product-purchase situations.
- Construct a basic model for evaluating consumer behavior variables in relation to cultural diversity and product or service purchase decisions.
- Evaluate how attitudes are formed towards a specific product.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal issues involved in segmentation of diverse populations.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research findings in the analysis of consumer behavior and write professional assessments.
- Communicate major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.