This course is the introduction to contemporary marketing theory and its application in the marketing implementation process. It places special focus on identifying market opportunity, product development, promotion planning, pricing decisions, and channels of distribution.
- Describe how the Internet is changing the ways companies market.
- Identify market segments and target markets.
- Describe the various functions that are included in the marketing discipline.
- Discuss the interrelationship between marketing and other functions, such as finance, accounting, engineering, production and human resources.
- Apply the marketing mix towards a specific target market using the concepts of market research to determine the effectiveness.
- Explain the relationship between cultural diversity and marketing in a global economy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing product marketing strategy.
- Identify current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.