Global Business Environment
An analysis of the global economic, political, and cultural factors affecting international business, this course provides an overview of international trade and investment theory, the pros and cons of protectionism, the global financial environment, and the role of the multinational corporation. It analyzes international sourcing, marketing, and strategic management for global business.
- Assess the origins, evolution and structure of trade strategies leading to trade agreements.
- Demonstrate the economic advantages and disadvantages of increased U.S. trade activities.
- Evaluate the impact of the global business environment on national economies and individual companies.
- Apply the principals of currency exchange to evaluate problems and opportunities in international trade.
- Integrate corporate functional areas as they relate to international business and the development of cross-border operations (functional areas include marketing, accounting, HR, finance, manufacturing, etc.).
- Evaluate corporate policies for strengths and weaknesses in terms of economic, political and cultural factors.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.