This course provides an introduction to the connection between individual performance and organizational achievement. Topics include aligning individual objectives with organizational objectives, motivation, performance appraisal, coaching, and rewarding successful performance.
- Contrast expectations of performance that reflect different countries and cultures.
- Evaluate the performance management processes that are common in different countries and cultures.
- Determine individual and group objectives necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Build the process for communicating expectations to individuals and groups.
- Specify the qualitative and quantitative means for assessing performance.
- Propose appropriate reward systems to support the achievement of the desired outcomes.
- Design a process for holding individuals and groups accountable for their performance levels.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific performance management decisions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.