This course distinguishes the fundamental practices of sound management functions to the understanding of effective leadership. Organizations need both leadership and management understanding to function effectively in creating the learning organization. Students will learn to analyze and create plans for strategic management, and apply leadership concepts and approaches.
- Utilize leadership theories, concepts, and approaches to make participative decisions, integrate the components of creating a learning organization, and evaluate organizational structures and culture as supportive of organization direction and strategy.
- Analyze the relationships between leadership theory, management methods, and how these impact upon individual and organizational effectiveness. Define how successful companies utilize Paradoxical Thinking to achieve a competitive advantage.
- Analyze problems regarding cross functional team building, creating authority, accountability, managing conflict, setting goals, and measuring performance and quality.
- Managing projects, designing work and managing across functions.
- Develop and communicate vision, evaluate organizational structures and culture as supportive of organization direction and strategy.
- Learn how think paradoxically and utilize paradoxical thinking.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.