Charter School Leadership
Leadership skills necessary to establish and sustain a charter school; understanding the role the community in the charter school environment, the application process, and preparing to open and operate a charter school. Role that a Charter School leader plays in the daily operation and his/her relationship to the educational community. How to analyze and present data, and demonstrate strategies for developing and planning staff and community development.
- Design a plan for formulating and communicating a vision and mission for a charter school.
- Design a plan for evaluating the instructional delivery system in a charter school.
- Design a communication plan for on-going interaction with the school community.
- Apply policies, procedures and the California Education Code to situations that can occur in charter schools.
- Research and write a charter school petition
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.