Go Further Faster Scholarship Terms & Conditions 2023
National University (“NU”) is proud to offer the Go Further Fast Scholarship. This scholarship will award two (2) bachelor’s or master’s degree students tuition grants for eight (8) courses at the rate of $625 per course to be disbursed on a course-by-course basis as scholarship recipients complete the course registration and are subject to these Terms and Conditions. If a scholarship recipient completes eight (8) courses within twelve (12) months, the scholarship will automatically renew for another eight (8) courses, with a maximum total award of (16) courses, and a maximum total value of ten thousand dollars ($10,000). Students must submit the application by April 15, 2023 to be considered.
NU reserves the right to modify, revise, or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, as necessary. Although NU may attempt to notify prospective and current applicants when such changes are made to these Terms and Conditions, applicants should periodically review the most up-to-date version found at www.carlsbad-5000-scholarship-2023. NU may, in its sole discretion, change or discontinue this scholarship opportunity at any time. Applicants’ submissions serve as acknowledgment and acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including any subsequent modifications, as stated. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
To be considered eligible for the Go Further Faster Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Begin courses in a bachelor’s or master’s program between March 27, 2023 and June 26, 2023.
- Be pursuing a bachelor’s, or master’s degree.
- Submit the Go Further Faster Scholarship application by April 15, 2023.
- Meet all admissions requirements of National University.
- Current students must have 2.0 cumulative GPA for bachelor’s degrees and 3.0 for graduate degrees.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) in advance of submitting their application.
- Once enrolled, a scholarship recipient must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of 100% or more tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, preferred tuition rate, other scholarships and/or private scholarships, except for Veterans Administration GI benefits (excluding Chapter 33), Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding (“Financial Eligibility”).
- NU will verify applicants’ Financial Eligibility before confirming final awards.
The application is available at www.carlsbad-5000-scholarship-2023 and must be submitted by April 15, 2023. By applying to the Go Further Faster Scholarship, an applicant: (i) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, as may be modified, revised, updated, or terminated by NU in its sole discretion, and (ii) represents and warrants that the information provided is accurate at the time of submission.
- The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the NU scholarship selection committee, consisting of representatives from National University and according to the processes and procedures used in connection with the selection of scholarship recipients for all NU scholarships, as such are updated from time to time. Non-faculty members may assist in the selection committee process on a case-by-case basis and in NU’s sole discretion.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a completed application along with all the supporting documentation, which must be received on or before the April 15, 2023. NU and the scholarship committee accept no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
- The scholarship award will be based on the selection committee’s review of submitted application responses in the first instance, followed by confirmation of the selected applicant’s Financial Eligibility. Current students applying will also have academic records reviewed in consideration.
- Scholarship selection shall not be made regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to a review process.
Additional Scholarship Details and Releases
- Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by NU in its sole discretion. NU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of the Go Further Faster Scholarship, including, but not limited to, the eligibility criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the award.
- By applying to the Go Further Faster Scholarship, an applicant agrees:
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, representatives, assigns, licensees, designees, and all persons acting under NU’s permission or authority (collectively, “NU Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, including without limitation court costs, attorneys’ fees, and any expenses and damages that may be incurred from (i) their application materials, which includes but is not limited to infringement upon or other violations of the copyright, trademark, privacy, reputational, publicity, or proprietary rights of any third party, defamation, rights of publicity or invasion of privacy, or (ii) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Go Further Faster Scholarship award, participation in the application process and/or representations made by the applicant or recipient.
- To grant NU a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use, display, print, publish, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, create derivative works from, promote and provide access to your name, application materials, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, statements and/or biographical information for publicity, promotional, and educational purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- To waive all moral rights in the application materials.
- To waive all claims to any compensation by the NU Parties.
- NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this scholarship, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Terms and Conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any Go Further Faster Scholarship. NU may correct any such errors at its sole discretion.
- NU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Go Further Faster Scholarship. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Go Further Faster Scholarship is at an applicant’s sole risk and NU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Go Further Faster Scholarship.
- NU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Should NU, in its sole discretion, determine that the Go Further Faster Scholarship submission, selection, or any other process has been compromised by virus, bugs, tampering, disruptions, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, NU reserves the right to void suspect entries, disqualify applicants suspected to be involved, and/or terminate such selection or other process and choose the awardees in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to such termination. All decisions of NU are final.
- Regardless of any action taken by NU pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, nothing shall prohibit NU from seeking any other lawful remedies to which NU may be entitled in the event any representations or releases made by the Scholarship applicant or recipient are false.
- Award Use
- Scholarships that are awarded to the recipients may only be credited to their accounts and used to assist with the payment of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
- No student will receive more than one Go Further Faster Scholarship in a single year.
- No student will receive more than one offer of assistance from NU, such as other scholarships, grants, technology awards, and preferred tuition rates.
- Any scholarship funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that may be applicable to their degree program, room and board, or outside materials (computers, internet service etc.).
- Scholarship funding may only be used for courses beginning on or after March 27, 2023. Scholarship funding will not be back awarded and will only apply to the current term in which an eligible student applies and future terms.
- For applicants using Federal Financial Aid (FFA), the applicant understands that a scholarship award is financial assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a financial review of all scholarship winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective recipients.
- Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NU degree plan will only reduce the necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NU and will not result in any additional unused scholarship funds.
- Courses taken under the Scholarship may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.
- All existing student policies located in the NU Catalog and these Terms and Conditions must be adhered to while the recipient is a student at NU.
- For the duration of the award, students must be succeeding in their degree program. The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students.
- Should a scholarship recipient withdraw or be dismissed from NU prior to disbursement of all scholarship funds awarded to them, the balance of the tuition funds awarded, but not disbursed, will be terminated and will not be available to the student for future courses.
- If a scholarship recipient withdraws from a course or receives a non-passing grade, the cost to retake the course later will not be discounted by the Go Further Faster Scholarship.
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to courses in the recipient’s original academic program following award of the scholarship, except as follows: (1) the recipient opts to transfer to a new academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original academic program, or (2) the recipient opts to transfer to a new specialization within the original academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original specialization. Scholarships are not otherwise transferable. NU reserves the right to waive scholarship transferability to a new academic program on a case-by-case basis
- Students must not take a break in between courses greater than 90 days.