Earn a Master’s in Teaching with a full-tuition Scholarship to NU
Good-quality teachers are needed in classrooms all over the nation – teachers who show up every day to not just teach from the book, but to also inspire and engage students, create positive classroom environments, and facilitate social emotional learning among students.
This is why we’re awarding outstanding individuals a full-ride scholarship to earn a Master of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning with an emphasis in Social Emotional Learning at National University. Scholars will be chosen based on eligibility and demonstrated academic potential.
Social Emotional Learning and Inspired Teaching are at the core of what we do here at the Sanford College of Education at National University, and Sanford Harmony and Sanford Inspire are leading programs that directly impact students all over the country.
As a recipient of this full scholarship, you will also be an ambassador for the Sanford College of Education and Sanford Programs. Our goal is to see more strong leaders of education specializing in social emotional learning and inspired teaching.
The scholarship eligibility requirements include:
- Undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0
- Proof of passage of the CBEST
- Resume and cover letter
- Two-minute or less video explaining why you want to be a teacher leader specializing in social emotional learning (must be a YouTube link)
- Two-three-page paper (double spaced and 12pt font) addressing professional goals, leadership experiences, and how you plan to become a leader in your school/district in Social Emotional Learning
- Two letters of recommendations – addressing your ability to work in the teaching field and leadership skills
To retain the scholarship, you must:
- Complete 45 quarter units per year
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA
How to Apply
Any questions about the application process can be sent to Dr. Donna Elder, Associate Dean of the Sanford College of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.