The Law Enforcement Scholarship
The Law Enforcement Scholarship is intended for employees of law enforcement agencies nationwide who have the goal of earning an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree or academic certification. The scholarship will cover up to $16,500 in tuition for approved coursework. The award will pay 25 percent of tuition for approved coursework. The scholarship will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s academic time at the university, notwithstanding the termination of employee’s employment with the agency or provided the employee does not miss two or more consecutive academic periods. No formal scholarship application is required, and the law enforcement scholarship’s funds are automatically awarded to qualified students.
The law enforcement scholarship also covers up to $6,500 in tuition for approved coursework for dependents of qualified law enforcement agency employees.
Fill out the form today, and an admissions advisor will contact you to determine if you qualify for the Law Enforcement Scholarship.
Eligible Law Enforcement Agencies
Here is an abbreviated list of the law enforcement agencies nationwide that qualify for the scholarship.
- Police Department
- Sheriff’s Department
- Highway Patrol
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Port Police
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Department of Justice Office of the Attorney General
- Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- State Hospital Police Officers
- Department of Fish and Game
- State Park Rangers
- Coroner’s Office
- Probation Department
- U.S. Marshals
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Office of Public Safety
- Fire Department
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Department of Homeland Security
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Bureau of Prisons, Office of Correctional Education
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Office of Victims of Crime
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs
- U.S. Parole Commission
- U.S. Sentencing Commission
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- U.S. Secret Service
- Transit District Police Department
- The Judicial Council of California
To be eligible for this award, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good academic standing at the time of application to National University
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements
- Have verified employment with an approved law enforcement agency
- Be formally accepted to the National University (All transcripts must be submitted within 30 days of applying)
Awards will be credited to students’ accounts in increments, up to the maximum of 25 percent of tuition per approved program course.
NOTE: Students who qualify for the above scholarships for law enforcement are not eligible to receive other National University-provided scholarships. Some federal financial aid, cohort, military, or reimbursement programs may affect eligibility. Pre-licensure nursing, radiation therapy, and some extended learning programs are not eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship applies to new students and once approved to new classes for current students and does not apply retroactively. Some additional restrictions may apply.
For more information about the Law Enforcement Scholarship, fill out the form to have an admissions advisor contact you.