Go Further Faster Scholarship Terms & Conditions March 2022
National University (“NU”) is proud to offer the Go Further Faster Scholarship. This scholarship opportunity will award two (2) new bachelor’s or master’s degree students tuition grants for eight (8) courses at the rate of $625 per course.to be disbursed on a course-by-course basis as scholarship recipients complete the course registration and are subject to these Terms and Conditions. If a scholarship recipient completes eight (8) courses in twelve (12) months, the scholarship will automatically renew for another eight (8) courses, with a maximum total award of sixteen (16) courses, and a maximum total value of up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000). All new bachelor’s and master’s degree students who apply, submit an essay according to the requirements, and start their program by July 5, 2022 are eligible for this scholarship opportunity. Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2022.
NU reserves the right to modify, revise, or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, as reasonably necessary. Although NU may attempt to notify prospective and current applicants when such changes are made to these Terms and Conditions, applicants should periodically review the most up-to-date version found at www.nu.edu/admissions/financial-aid-and-scholarships/scholarships/. NU may, in its sole discretion, change or discontinue this scholarship opportunity at any time Applicants’ submissions serve as acknowledgment and acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including any subsequent modifications, as stated. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
To be considered eligible for the Go Further Faster Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Start a new bachelors or masters program on or before July 5, 2022. If an applicant needs to adjust their start date to a date in August 2022, NU reserves the right to allow, on a case-by-case basis and in NU’s sole discretion, an applicant to remain eligible and apply for the 2022 scholarship.
- Submit a Go Further Faster Scholarship essay (as detailed below) by May 31, 2022.
- Meet all admissions requirements of National University.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in advance of submitting their application.
- Once enrolled, scholarship recipient must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of 25% or more tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, preferred tuition rate, other scholarships and/or private scholarships, except for Veteran’s Administration GI benefits, Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding (“Financial Eligibility”). Not be a current NU student nor have enrolled or otherwise attempted to complete or completed any previous NU credits or programs. Applicants are subject to financial verification by NU.
Running the Carlsbad 5000 takes dedication, planning, and perseverance. Tell us how you will plan to dedicate yourself to crossing the finish line with a degree from National University.
Essay Submission And Requirements
- To be considered, applicants must submit one (1) 500 to 700 word response to the essay topic (maximum two pages, double-spaced) at www.nu.edu/furtherfaster by May 31, 2022. Any knowingly duplicate submissions will disqualify all submissions from an applicant.
- Essays must be original work. Quotations or attributions must be cited.
- Essays must not contain material that is illegal, invasive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing on intellectual property rights, or privacy rights or otherwise contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
By submitting an essay to the Go Further Faster Scholarship, an applicant: (i) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, as may be modified, revised, updated, or terminated by NU in its sole discretion, and (ii) represents and warrants that their entry is original, not previously published, and not infringing on another’s intellectual property rights.
The selected essays may, in NU’s discretion, be shared publicly, including but not limited to, posted at: www.nu.edu/admissions/financial-aid-and-scholarships/scholarships/ and other parts of the NU.edu website, social media accounts, and/or NU promotional materials. NU reserves the right to remove essays without prior notice, including if properly notified that an essay infringes on another’s intellectual property or privacy rights.
- The recipients of this scholarship will be selected by the NU scholarship selection committee, consisting of representatives from NU and according to the processes and procedures used in connection with the selection of scholarship recipients for all NU scholarships, as such are updated from time to time. Non-faculty members may assist in the selection committee process on a case-by-case basis and in NU’s sole discretion.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a completed application along with all the supporting documentation, which must be received on or before the deadline specified. NU and the scholarship selection committee accept no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
- The scholarship award will be based on the selection committee’s choice of submitted essays in the first instance, followed by confirmation of selected applicant’s Financial Eligibility. Preference will be given to applicants who are participating in this year’s Carlsbad 5000 race on May 22, 2022.
- Scholarship selection shall not be made regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to a review process.
Additional Scholarship Details And Releases
- Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by NU in its sole discretion. NU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of the Go Further Faster Scholarship, including, but not limited to, the eligibility criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the award.
- By submitting an essay to the Go Further Faster Scholarship, an applicant agrees:
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, representatives, assigns, licensees, designees, and all persons acting under NU’s permission or authority (collectively, “NU Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, including without limitation court costs, attorneys’ fees, and any expenses and damages that may be incurred from (i) their application materials, including the essay, which includes but is not limited to infringement upon or other violations of the copyright, trademark, privacy, reputational, publicity, or proprietary rights of any third party, defamation, rights of publicity or invasion of privacy, or (ii) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Go Further Faster Scholarship award, participation in the application process and/or representations made by the applicant or recipient.
- To grant NU a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use, display, print, publish, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, create derivative works from, promote and provide access to your name, application materials, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, essay, statements and/or biographical information for publicity, promotional, and educational purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- To waive all moral rights in the application materials, including the essay.
- To waive all claims to any compensation by the NU Parties.
- NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this scholarship, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Terms and Conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any Go Further Faster Scholarship. NU may correct any such errors in its sole discretion.
- NU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Go Further Faster Scholarship. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Go Further Faster Scholarship is at an applicant’s sole risk and NU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Go Further Faster Scholarship.
- NU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Should NU, in its sole discretion, determine that the Go Further Faster Scholarship submission, selection, or any other process has been compromised by virus, bugs, tampering, disruptions, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, NU reserves the right to void suspect entries, disqualify applicants suspected to be involved, and/or terminate such selection or other process and choose the awardees in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to such termination. All decisions of NU are final.
- Regardless of any action taken by NU pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, nothing shall prohibit NU from seeking any other lawful remedies to which NU may be entitled in the event any representations or releases made by the Scholarship applicant or recipient are false.
- Award Use
- Scholarships that are awarded to the recipients may only be credited to their accounts and used to assist with the payment of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
- No student will receive more than one Go Further Faster Scholarship.
- No student will receive more than one offer of assistance from NU, such as other scholarships, grants, technology awards, or preferred tuition rates.
- Any Scholarship funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that may be applicable to their degree program, room and board, or outside materials (computers, internet service etc.).
- For applicants using Federal Financial Aid (FFA), the applicant understands that a scholarship award is financial assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a financial review of all Scholarship winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective recipients.
- Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NU degree plan will only reduce the necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NU and will not result in any additional unused scholarship funds.
- Courses taken under the Scholarship may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.
- All existing student policies located in the NU Catalog and these Terms and Conditions must be adhered to while the recipient is a student at NU.
- For the duration of the award, students must be succeeding in their degree program. The student must maintain a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of GOOD. Please see the current NU Catalog for SAP definitions.
- Should a Scholarship recipient withdraw or be dismissed from NU prior to disbursement of all Scholarship funds awarded to them, the balance of the tuition funds awarded, but not disbursed, will be terminated and will not be available to the student for future courses.
- If a Scholarship recipient withdraws from a course or receives a non-passing grade, the cost to retake the course later will not be discounted by the Go Further Faster Scholarship.
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to courses in the recipient’s original academic program following award of the scholarship, except as follows: (1) the recipient opts to transfer to a new academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original academic program, or (2) the recipient opts to transfer to a new specialization within the original academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original specialization. Scholarship funds are not otherwise transferable. NU reserves the right to waive scholarship transferability to a new academic program on a case-by-case basis.