Master of Science in Educational Administration with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Option (CA Option)
This program is designed for students who are committed to improving education and who are interested in advancing their careers by becoming school site administrators. It can be completed with or without a preliminary credential option for those pursuing a career in the nonpublic education sector. For students who want to pursue the credential option, please see the Sanford College of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the process for creating, stewarding, and communicating a shared vision that includes school-wide goals for improving teaching and learning.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of the stewardship of effective instructional practices.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Analyze the collaborative, ongoing processes of data-based school growth plans.
- Critiques systems for the provision of professional growth opportunities for school teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Examine the complex Interaction of all of a school’s systems to promote teaching and learning.
- Analyze ways in which a school can engage their communities to promote the shared vision.
- Examine a topic related to educational leadership through the lens of a researcher.
- EDA 600 Applications in Leadership
- EDA 652 Visionary Leadership
- EDA 653 Curriculum Leadership
- EDA 654 Instructional Leadership
- EDA 655 School Improvement Leadership
- EDA 656 Professional Growth Leadership
- EDA 657 Org/Systems Leadership
- EDA 658 Community Leadership
- ILD 625 Educational Research
- EDA 637 Action Research