Accredited Online Degrees & Programs
Dynamic Online Learning at National University
For over 20 years, National University has offered flexible online degree programs designed for busy adult learners balancing their college education with work, family life, or military duties. With the convenience of online learning, you can wake up early to participate in online discussions, log in to study during your lunch hour, or complete your coursework late at night – whatever works for you and your schedule!
Start your search now on our programs page to find the right associate, bachelor’s, master’s certificate or credential program for you. Or, fill out the form to the right to get in touch with one of our experienced admissions advisors.
Benefits of Pursuing an Online Education at National University
Admit it, avoiding lengthy commutes to class and participating in online discussions from your couch or favorite coffeehouse are added benefits of pursuing your degree online. Yet online learning with National University provides so much more. These programs are delivered using the latest technology to provide dynamic, interactive online learning environments, accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Keep reading to learn how National University adapts the in-classroom experience for a seamless online experience.
Online Education Benefits at National University:
- Over 45 degree programs that are available 100 percent online
- Programs delivered using the latest technology to provide dynamic, interactive online learning environments
- Accredited online college degrees, certificate, and credential programs
- One-on-one interaction with instructors and classmates
- Experienced online faculty who facilitate a strong online community within your digital classroom
- Advisors who know you by name
- 4-week online college courses starting every month
- Dedicated student support
- Access to interactive tools that support your individual learning style
Online Tools to Support Your Individual Learning Style
As an NU online student, you’ll have access to interactive tools that support your individual learning style. Online coursework includes video lectures, audio recordings, readings, interactive presentations, assignments, quizzes, and exams. Throughout your program, you’ll collaborate with professors and classmates, working together to create a strong community within the online classroom.
Moving beyond the walls of a brick-and-mortar classroom, online classes use resources and communications tools that enhance learning, such as:
- Threaded Discussion — Dialogue, discuss, and debate with your classmates and the instructor at your leisure, day or night. Integral to the online learning experience, these discussions enable you to articulate your understanding of the course content while learning from your peers.
- Interactive Learning Tools — Learning objects and interactive elements engage students in active participation. Videos, 3D environments, blogs, and eBooks are all elements that are used in the online class environment. Interactive flash cards, pre-tests, and quizzes, allow students to practice their knowledge. Voiceover PowerPoints, recorded lectures, and resource links provide a rich supplement materials for access throughout the course.
- Course Gradebook — Monitor your academic progress, review your exam and discussion board grades, and keep track of your course feedback in one easy-to-access place
- Announcements — Instructors post important dates, reminders, revisions, and other critical information online.
One-on-One Interaction with Instructors and Classmates
Do you like to ask a lot of questions, receive personalized feedback, and talk frequently with peers and the instructor? Whether you are outgoing and demand frequent interaction with others or are more reserved and prefer less interaction, National’s online class structure provides the flexibility to fit your needs.
Through group projects, threaded discussions, emails, and online conversations, you develop and strengthen your writing, critical thinking, and teambuilding skills. Collaborative communication is a central component to National University’s online degree programs.
Online, faculty members are accessible every day. They regularly monitor and participate in class discussions, and video chat lets you and your instructor talk in real time, almost as if you were sitting face to face.
Experienced Online Faculty
Recognizing that the nature of teaching and learning is different in the online classroom, National University’s distinguished faculty members skillfully design all coursework to provide a balance between presentation and content. Faculty members are trained in online instruction, which enhances their teaching competencies and adds depth to their understanding of the online student experience.
Helping You Succeed Online
Whether you are unfamiliar with online learning or an expert at it, our instructors, advisors, and student services staff work with you every step of the way to help you succeed.
Our Advisors Know You By Name
Serving as a single point of contact, your online advisor assists you from the day you begin your National University program until the time you graduate. Advisors do all of the legwork, helping you find the right instructor, credential analyst, or financial aid counselor. You can contact an advisor at any time and they will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
National University offers unparalleled support for students. Technical support and other student assistance is available via email or phone. National University’s Student Concierge Services is your one-stop center for answers, with advocates who are trained in a range of areas such as financial aid, credentials, admissions, and graduation.
National University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Accreditation is especially crucial for a student’s success as it means having access to the proper technology, resources, and student services to deliver a high caliber online learning experience.
Learn more on why it’s important to attend an accredited college from our Vice Provost of Academic Services, Dr. Joseph Hoey.
Additional NU Involvements
- Accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Accredited by the National Council on the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) for educator preparation programs
- Approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- Accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the post-graduate APRN certificate programs at National University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791
- Designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE IAE) for the Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance program
- Approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) for the offering of the Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies, Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies, and Paralegal Specialist Certificates
- Approved by the Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) for the offering of the Professional Certificate in Marine Technology
- Accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH) for the offering of the Master of Public Health (probationary status)
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) for the offering of the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) for the BS Radiation Therapy program
- Approved by the Nevada State Board of Education
- Certified by the Society of Human Resource Management for the Masters of Arts in Human Resource Management
- A member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- A member of the Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)
- A member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP) through its American Language and Intercultural Studies program