NSG656 Systems Life Cycle
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Focus is on selecting and implementing clinical information systems beginning with feasibility studies, progressing through systems implementation using the structured systems analysis approach. Phases of the computer systems lifecycle are addressed including the importance of integrating evaluation throughout all phases. Budgeting, use of project management tools and strategies are discussed.
- Employing strategies of project management, design a plan for a clinical information system project.
- Analyze the information support requirements of users of the planned system.
- Develop design specifications for a clinical information system.
- Develop a plan for system implementation.
- Develop the plan for training super users staff end users.
- Integrate a plan for evaluation throughout the system lifecycle.