NSG341 Leadership & Mgmnt in Nursing
Lead Faculty: Dr Lara Carver
The primary purpose of this course is to facilitate the development of a broad view of the management of health care delivery systems and the nurse's role in that arena.
- Compare and contrast historical nursing care delivery models within the hospital setting.
- Summarize the process of implementing case management and the expected cost control benefits of the model.
- Analyze and summarize the behavior patterns of effective leaders.
- Compare and contrast theories of decision making.
- Using case studies, apply models of decision making.
- Analyze the culture of a selected organization and identify a set of management strategies for that setting.
- Compare and contrast strategies for identifying and measuring outcomes of nursing care.