NSG340A Leadership/Management Clinical
Lead Faculty: Cynthia Parkman
This course covers practical application of skills and knowledge required to coordinate care for multiple patients in a multidisciplinary setting. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 340 is required. Clinical Lab is graded on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis based on successful completion of the course requirements.
- Observe nursing care delivery models within the hospital setting.
- Discuss the process of implementing case management and the expected cost control benefits of the model.
- Develop a case management plan for a selected client including a cost analysis of the planned care.
- Analyze and summarize the behavior patterns of effective leaders.
- Compare and contrast theories of decision making.
- Apply models of decision making.
- Analyze the culture of a selected organization and identify a set of management strategies for that setting.
- Summarize the advantages and outcomes of a computerized hospital information system.
- Compare and contrast strategies for identifying and measuring outcomes of nursing care.