HTM210 Healthcare Workflow Processes
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Fundamentals of health workflow process analysis and redesign as a necessary component of complete practice automation; includes topics of process validation and change management.
- Explain the common processes and workflow required to operate a successful healthcare provider organization.
- Describe how health information technology and systems can be used to improve a healthcare organization's financial workflow and metrics.
- Describe how health information technology and systems can be used to improve healthcare organization clinical workflow.
- List and explain metrics that can used to evaluate and validate the effectiveness of healthcare organization workflow.
- Describe clinical decision support and list clinical decision support systems that can used to improve patient safety and health outcomes.
- Describe the change management process for improving healthcare workflow processes.