HCA622 Quality Appraisal & Evaluation
Theoretical and practical frameworks to facilitate the continuous improvement of quality in healthcare organizations. Includes evaluation and risk management methods. Introduces multiple approaches, including outcome measurement and case management. Team development, analytical statistics, and process knowledge are central themes.
- Analyze the concepts and measures of health care quality and patient safety.
- Describe factors leading to a greater emphasis on quality measurement and improvement of care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of tools used in quality measurement and improvement.
- Assess how healthcare delivery models can be evaluated.
- Explain how risk management methods are used to anticipate, prevent and/or solve healthcare issues.
- Integrate quality improvement and evaluation strategies with systems such as Six Sigma.
- Suggest how diverse perspectives can be used to address quality and safety issues in different healthcare organizations.
- Analyze changes to implement in healthcare delivery to achieve the Institute of Medicine's goals to improve healthcare quality: Safe, timely, effective, equitable, efficient, and patient-centered.