Concentration in Creative Writing
Dr. John J. Miller
A concentration option within the Major in English.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the basic conventions of at least two different contemporary creative genres.
- Produce completed works of publishable quality in those genres.
- Read their own work critically and employ revision strategies to improve it to publishable standards.
- Critique the writing of others in a collegial setting and offer constructive suggestions for improving it to publishable quality.
- Produce a significant project of publishable quality in one genre.
Concentration Requirements (8 courses; 36 quarter units)