Concentration in Creative Writing
Lead Faculty: Dr John J. Miller
A concentration option within the Major in English.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the basic conventions of at least two different contemporary creative genres.
- Produce completed works of publishable quality in those genres.
- Read their own work critically and employ revision strategies to improve it to publishable standards.
- Critique the writing of others in a collegial setting and offer constructive suggestions for improving it to publishable quality.
- Produce a significant project of publishable quality in one genre.
- ENG 301 Fiction Writing II
- ENG 302 Poetry Writing II
- ENG 303 Screenwriting II
- ENG 375 Nature Writing
- ENG 401 Fiction Workshop
- ENG 402 Poetry Workshop
- ENG 403 Screenwriting Workshop
- LIT 401 Contemporary Fiction
- LIT 402 Contemporary Poetry