Conducting underwater inspections using nondestructive methods underwater and on the surface, elements of nondestructive testing: visual testing, magnetic particle, dye penetrate, and ultrasonic testing will be explored. This course of Visual Weld Inspection is a foundation course and serves as preparatory course for American Welding Society Certified Weld Inspector.
- Describe various underwater inspection methods.
- Explain the safety issues and operation of a hydroblaster.
- Describe the operational safety issues and diver involvement when working with remote operated vehicles (ROV).
- Explain and demonstrate the ability to perform underwater surveys and data collection using a variety of survey methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to use underwater video and still digital photography, and to download captured images and insert the data into various software programs for presentation.
- Explain the use of the various non destructive methods used underwater by divers: magnetic particle testing MT, ultrasonic testing UT, and radiation testing RT.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.