Dive Operations II
Dive Operations II
Designed to challenge each student’s ingenuity, motivation, and ability to work together. The class must work together as an operational team in a simulated commercial diving evolution utilizing all of the safety, planning, rigging, and other team and industrial skills they have gained in order to accomplish the assigned project tasks.
- Work effectively as a team in a simulated commercial diving environment
- Develop a scope of work for a Project.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform as a team member of a dive team, to assemble and complete an oil field pipe assembly project, test the project for integrity, and disassemble the project utilizing proper rigging, diving, and tending skills.
- Demonstrate employability by proficiency in attendance, effort, attitude, work ethic, and diversity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in dive station setup, tending, radio diver communications, log and record keeping, surface supply diving, use of lift bags, use of underwater hydraulic tools, hand tools, rigging, trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to dive and work safely underwater and to complete assigned tasks and to operate hydraulic tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform basic seamanship and rigging safely; and the ability to tie knots on the surface and underwater.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with a diver using proper diving radio phraseology, line pull signals, or hand signals.
Dive Log – Commercial Personal Dive Log – To properly record all dives
Personal Safety Equipment – Safety glasses, Hardhats, Work gloves (leather), Knife (big chief or rigging knife), Boots (steel toed), Work clothing (long pants, etc.), Hearing protection – Student provided
Personal Diving Equipment – t suit, weight belt and weights, fins, booties, gloves, 12& adjustable wrench, bottom boots, etc. – Student provided
Personal Equipment – Calculator and wristwatch divers.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
Online or On-site
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn on-site at locations across California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.